TIS National’s latest initiative, TIS Multilingual, improves the multilingual services offered to its diverse, multilingual audience. TIS Multilingual displays translated HTML content in the top ten high-demand languages within three sections of the TIS National website:
TIS Multilingual video
The TIS Multilingual video has been developed to show what we now offer to our multilingual audience.
Watch a short video about TIS Multilingual
Translated HTML content is currently available in the following languages:
- Farsi (Persian)
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
TIS National is working to introduce content in more languages soon.
Translated content provides non-English speakers with information about how to independently access a TIS National interpreter and the types of agency clients they can communicate with, including:
- state and federal government departments
- local councils
- medical and health practitioners
- utility companies
- telecommunication companies
- emergency services
- legal services
- settlement and community service providers.
Non-English speakers can also access translated information about:
- how to access an immediate phone interpreter
- using TIS National services
- their role and options during an interpreting appointment
- answers to a range of Frequently Asked Questions
- useful resources that enable them to communicate in their language.
TIS Multilingual upholds the Australian Government’s commitment to provide programmes that are fair, easy to access, simple to use, and responsive to the cultural and linguistic needs of our diverse society.
How to access TIS Multilingual
TIS Multilingual can be found by selecting a language from the scrolling list under the ‘non-English speakers’ tab.
If you would like to provide feedback about TIS Multilingual please complete our online feedback form.